Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Mom goes back to work.
For those of you who have been wondering why you haven't heard from me lately, I've gone back to work recently. It was very sudden. Two weeks ago I got a phone call from a private school here in Searcy, Liberty Christian. They had a teacher who had to be put on bed rest and ironically she is pregnant with twins. So they needed a teacher immediatley. If talked to the principal on Wed. and Thursday 10/26 got the call saying I had the job. It was crazy with my family coming in for Blake and Claire's birthday, Halloween and all but I survived my first week and am trying to get organized. Now the beauty of this job...It's a part time position. I only teach 3 classes, 6th grade science, 7th grade science, and 7th grade World History. I go in a 8am and am finished by 10:50 am. How perfect is that. I take Anna Kate to school and Mark takes Blake and Claire, but I'm still able to pick everyone up, go to the store without kids and have some time to myself. Next semester I'll pick up a 1:15 class and teach Arkansas History but I'll have a two hour lunch and still be out an hour before my kids. It pays as much as sub pay with the public school system and I'm in charge of my room. I have 10 6th graders and 9 7th graders. Once I get in a good routine it'll be great. Right now I'm just trying to catch up on science and history and learning this curriculum. So if you haven't heard from me in a while, I'm either taking nap while no one's home, or have my nose in a book while trying to do laundry and pick up my house. I'll figure it out soon, I think.

No comments: